Wednesday 8 April 2015

Race for Life Training Week 3

Well hello there :) Happy Easter to one and all!

Race for Life Banner

Okay, so last week was a bit of a write-off when it came to race training...it was Easter so OBVIOUSLY I was going to slack off and attempt Death by Chocolate....don't pretend you didn't do the same!

Matilda Chocolate Cake Eating Gif


Back on the wagon this week.

I'll be honest, after 4 blissful days off work catching up with people I've not seen for a while, I'm struggling to find motivation for anything that doesn't involve chocolate and lounging in the sunshine. (Down with work booo!) I've even gotten lazy with blogging but what else are holidays for?

One Does Not Simply Eat One Easter Egg meme

I went for my first post-Easter run yesterday and noticed how stiff my thighs had become in the space of four short days, even though I've still been walking a little. This just goes to show how important it is to keep exercising and stretching in order to keep the fitness up. The run itself was fine, and I'm really pleased with how quickly my body is becoming accustomed to running longer distances.

My foot's been playing up something awful - yes, after six weeks of ditching the Primark Chelsea boots, I'm still having joint pain in my foot! Methinks a new pair of trainers will help with this.

Anyway, here's what this week's training schedule looks like:

Mon: Rest day, adventures with Mr Robin!

Tues: 5km run on hill setting on treadmill (29 mins), followed by 6km cross trainer in 25 mins

Weds: Rest day

Thurs: 1.6km jog, then fast run for 2 mins, recover with 2 minute jog = repeat 4 times then jog 1.6km to cool down; followed by strength training for 30 mins

Fri: Rest day

Sat: 7.25km run (3.29km easy pace, 4km race pace)

Sun: Rest day

Well and truly back on track this week - in more ways than one! Wish me luck! Or sponsor me if you like!

Bye for now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment